Pages

Saturday, October 1, 2011

October 2011 Re-invention & Invention

REINVENTION  The Wall Street Journal has quite a lot of space dedicated to the reinvention of careers.  You can find it here.  I suppose I am working on reinvention of self and career.

My studies regarding the human brain and learning are requiring me to stretch my imagination and push past the edges of my preconceived ideas of who I am.  The photo to the left shows me at a time when I really looked good in a suit.  It has been a struggle since those early days - to look good in a suit, that is.  I remember the bow tie in the photo on the left as red.

I have decided that I need a few suits just in case my newly reinvented self needs them - so, Goodwill here I come.  Wonder if I can find an adult-sized red bow tie at Goodwill?

I have to admit that it will take a bit of "getting used to it" to see myself as a professional movie actor - especially since the clothing I am acting in is a bit different than a suit - Mother, cover your eyes - hospital gown - underwear - speedo!  But, we finished the shooting of Tom Krueger's full length "Indie" - Tom is off on an editing journey - hopefully, Christy and I, Tom, and the rest of the cast and crew will be meeting in Park City, UT for the Sundance Film Festival in January of 2012.  I know what I am not planning on wearing at Sundance - although there were threats that I might be asked to pull the speedo out of wardrobe for public humiliation - I mean publicity....

INVENTION  I am currently putting up a photography show at Cité des Arts.  Below are some of my images.  I talk about this process of photography in an earlier blog.  Here it is....


And here is a link (Click here) to a webpage from my website with a slideshow of the photos in the Cité des Arts show.

No comments:

Post a Comment