Pages

Saturday, December 25, 2010

It's Christmas, so Who Stole the Merry Christmas?

I traditionally simply say, "Merry Christmas!" and I always experience all those great feeling that traditionally go with that particular cheery salutation, but this year, after having heard in the news about how saying "happy holidays" could land certain folks in Dallas, Texas on "the naughty list", where according to Grinchalert.com, your business isn’t "nice" unless you say "Merry Christmas" - and (here is the last straw) - and fully acknowledge the birth of Jesus Christ, or else!

Well, "damn it," that just changes everything for me this year.

I know who stole "Merry Christmas" from me this year - it was the creator of the Grinchalert.com, pastor of the First Baptist Church of Dallas, Rev. Robert Jefress, and, of course, the smug congregation that let him get away with the theft.  By the way, y'all,  I suppose they simply forgot the Eighth Commandment reads:  Thou shalt not steal. (Exodus 20:15)

But, my Christmas is not his Christmas to steal, or, their Christmas to steal - and, I suppose the sting of the self-righteous telling me how to celebrate Christmas will numb down a bit.  Now that I think about it, now that I've bitched about it, and "put it on the Internet", I feel better.  So, damn it, "MERRY CHRISTMAS!"

No comments:

Post a Comment